Your total super balance at a particular time is calculated by:
- the accumulation phase value of your super interests that are not in the retirement phase – this is the total amount of benefits that would become payable if you voluntarily ceased the interest at that time (i.e. your accumulation account(s))
- the retirement phase value of your super interests – this is the balance of your transfer balance account, modified to reflect the value of account-based interests in the retirement phase at that time and disregarding certain debits
- the amount of each roll-over super benefit not already reflected in the accumulation phase value or the retirement phase value (that is, rollovers in transit between super funds on 30 June)
- in certain circumstances, the outstanding balance belonging to a limited recourse borrowing arrangement (LRBA) in an SMSF (or other regulated super fund with less than five members) you entered into from 1 July 2018, if either: the LRBA is with an associate of the fund; or you have satisfied a condition of release with a nil cashing restriction
- subtracting any personal injury or structured settlement contributions that have been paid into your super funds.